With the substantial sustainability improvements in the manufacture, use, disposal of products and other impacts, this award is for true innovation. This Award is to recognise initiatives that incorporate a genuine sustainability benefit, whilst meeting consumer needs for products and services. We use the terms “green” and “sustainable” to refer to products, services, and practices whose manufacturing, purchase and use allows for economic development while still conserving resources, for future generations. The product must exhibit sustainability through the entire supply chain, including the marketing and communications for the product and aspire to be a standard others will follow and seek to achieve. As a service, it will provide all the tangible benefits people accept as standard but in a way that lowers the negative impact that may be embodied in providing the service.
- The product must have been launched or commercialised between September 2009 and September 2011.
- Ground breaking initiatives in comparison to existing in-market alternatives, including non-sustainable options.
- A product that meets an existing in-market need, rather than creating a new niche for consumption.
- New products and processes that provide customer and business value and significantly decrease environmental impacts.
- Example of products on the market that support sustainable development include products made from recycled goods; products that can be recycled or reused; efficient products, which save water, save energy, save money and reduce environmental footprint; products with environmentally responsible packaging or organic products which offer promise of quality.
To access the entry questions for this category, right click the link below and select ‘save as’.